Saturday, September 12, 2009

What an AMAZING DAY!

Today was the most amazing day!!! I can not express in words how much we love and appreciate EVERYONE!!! :) Today back home was Eric's fundraiser put on by his law enforcement brotherhood and sisterhood- WOW it was so touching!

I wish Eric could have seen how many people love him! It was so touching, I cried when I saw the lines and lines of law enforcement officers on their motorcycles starting out the ride in Eric's honor. What an amazing group of people!!! Then all the friends, neighbors, ward members who came as well. It was so emotional for me to see how many people care. We have really wondered but after today I can not say that anymore! We felt the love and support! I called Eric to tell him about everyone there and this is exactly what happened. I told him "Eric you should have seen how many people love you, how many people were there to support you! There was I swear at least 100 police officers and motorcylces riders what an amazing honor." There was nothing but silence I said"Eric are you there?" Are you okay? He faintly whispered while crying " Yes I am here, I just can't beleive how many people care about me?" I said " They do Eric they really do, they love you" He wishes he could have been there. I wanted to tell him more but he was to weak to talk very long, he needed to rest.

I can't wait to show him all the pictures and videos, it was amazing! The power of people coming together to show love and support- I do not know if everyone knows how much this means to us, mostly Eric it boosted his spirits today. Thank you everyone, we will never be able to say it enough we just hope we get the chance to pay it forward!

Eric had a pretty good day, he slept alot/rested, he has nausea still can't eat but he drank a N-Life which is like Ensure drinks with alot of nutrition but fruit flavored like a juice. He didn't like that much , had to get more nausea medicine. No fever today it finally broke so that was good but we still do not have the results back from the additional tests to see if Eric has another infection or if this is from his pneumonia, or current fungus infection in his lungs.

They have him on a constant drip of Lasek to help him get rid of all the fluids that he is retaining from them pumping them into him, he lost 14 pounds in 2 days from just the fluids once they put him on this drug drip. We thank the Lord for his continued guidance and love, helping us with each difficult step. We know it is with him all things are possible and continue to have faith in him. I feel the comfort and peace, in the dark moments when we get a boost of faith, we are blessed. I have to make sure we remember that and recognize that. I know Eric will beat this, as our good friend Matt Clark said in Eric's blessing, Eric will be given strength he will be able to "Climb his way out step by step." It won't be easy but he will make it! I am honored to be Eric's wife and eternal companion, what peace that brings me!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tammie and Eric,

    I just heard from the Rigby's who are on their mission in Ecuador. They asked me to let you know that they are praying for you and have put your names in the temple there in Ecuador.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete