Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quiet Day...

Today has been pretty quiet, Eric has now been placed round the clock on the morphine pump controlled by the patient and he definitely is entering the painful days they told us that are ahead, His mouth has so many sores and his throat that he can not even swallow water or his pills, so they placed all his medications now through his IV and told me that he will be pretty much in and out like a medicine induced coma. I hate seeing him like this and it is scary to see him so weak but he definitely deserves to sleep so that he can get through the pain and this ordeal.

Today is graft day # 6 they call it (6 days after his transplant date on 9-9-09) and no engraftment yet of the bone marrow but doctors say that is to be expected. Usually engraftment happens within 14-21 days after the transplant day. I can not tell you the peace I feel when I pray to the Lord and ask for strength for Eric , the kids and I. I know he is mindful and guiding each step we take throughout our journey though long he is constantly there. I met a guy today that came to volunteer asking if we needed anything and we started talking. He asked me where we are from and when I told him Utah he said the typical response "Oh are you mormon?" I answered yes and we started a great conversation. It turns our he once was interested in our religion and has studied at one point years ago but I gave him a Book Of Morman and told him to read it and I would love to talk to him more if he would like. It is interesting how people are placed in ones lives, much like we feel about Matt and Jodie Clark.

I can not tell you how comforting it was to know that when I was gone they were there with Eric and helping him. They are amazing people and I just can not believe how well we have bonded and we feel like we have known them all our lives, It is comforting to be able to talk and share emotions with someone who has traveled the same road you are on and recovered. I hope someday we are where they are now and back happy as a family and that we can pay it forward to others for all of their love and support! I also can not get over all the love and support from all around the world we have felt, home, here in Texas, friends, family and community and the brotherhood and sisterhood law enforcement! Words will never be enough to express my deep love and appreciation to all of you!

Someday, some way you will be in need and I hope I as well as many others do what you have done for us! I know that we will live our lives each day as the gift it is and pay it forward! I also can not help but think about the donor and that he is probably on the up swing of feeling better right now ( I hope) and back to his life but knowing that he just saved another person's life. I wonder what that feels like? How amazing he is and how it feels to know what you have done? Donor we love you and can not wait to meet you face to face and let you know of our appreciation! May God Bless you and your family!

I feel like I ramble on the blog and I apologize to any of you! I just kind of start writing like a journal and it seems to go on and on....I want all of you to know Eric loves, loves getting your emails, letters and cards. It is neat to be able to sit by his bedside and read them to him and even though at times he is to weak to speak he gives this smile and I am able to know what he feels and means! Eric is an amazing person, full of laughter, joy fun and so much love for his family! The other day while I was gone he sent me an email at 5:20am in morning telling me how much he loves and appreciates me and thanking me for being his wife. I am the lucky one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment