Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Update on Eric's Bone Marrow Transplant...

Well we were just told by the nurse that Eric's donors marrow has still not arrived from the plane flight from where he lives, so they said the plane doesn't arrive here with the donors bone marrow until 8pm tonight so likely that his transplant will be pushed to the morning then. So looks like tomorrow morning he will get his transplant but the doctors are coming any minute to his room to talk to us so I will keep everyone posted.

This adds to our speculation that Eric's 39 year old male donor is from out of the country because the nurses told us if it was in states it is usually flown in the night before but out of the country because of the long flight its the following day. Exciting and scary all at the same time!

My thoughts are so many, kind of like the rush of excitement and nerves when you are having a baby...you are excited but also nervous! I can not stop thinking of the donor and how grateful I am and prayers to Heavenly Father with gratitude and thankfulness that the donor was found and willing to do all this for us! I know I have said it before but I just can't wait to meet him and tell him how much we love and appreciate him! What an amazing day that will be.

I also know that not only do we have the prayers of so many back home, family, friends, loved ones, Eric's law enforcement brotherhood and co- workers but also here in Texas the amazing people we have meet. The Clark family to whom I am so thankful to have meet and feel like they are family! We miss you Clark kids, we feel like you guys are nieces and nephews to us- we miss you! Oh and Pebbles too! :) The amazing Baybrook Ward whom with open arms has loved and welcomed us as if we were part of their ward- and we feel we are! The wonderful friends and bonds that we have made- Debi, Carmen, Dawn, Nancy, Alisa, the Young Women's Leaders of Baybrook,Alisa's Seminary class, gosh so many I can not name everyone. I can not begin to express my love and appreciation for everyone! Thank you! I know we are really just beginning this journey but the unconditional love is overwhelming to us! We also know that on the other side of the veil many are supporting and praying with us, especially Eric's Dad we feel him with us, we know he is there guiding us as well with the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Eric...I am so excited for you to get your transplant! Hang in there, you guys are Awesome! Kerri (Lakeveiw)

    ReplyDelete