Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hair is Gone!!! Day 4 of Chemo

























Well Day 4 of Chemo and Eric's Hair is gone! The surprise we had for the kids especially Austin is I attached a picture where the other day we shaved the Indianapolis Colts logo "The Horse Shoe" in the back of Eric's head. I am not an artist though so sorry that is the best I could do, Austin told his Dad a few weeks ago " Dad will you shave a Colts logo in your hair for when you lose it" so that is what we did! Just a fun way to deal with losing your hair...

Eric's day went alot like yesterday except now he completely will not eat anything at all! He is really fighting the nausea and doesn't feel like eating anything. He did walk for me today which is good, they want him to keep moving. I pray the Lord will give him strength to get through this...I thought I was ready emotionally to see his hair all gone but I started to cry, it's hard you know. Hard to see the strongest man you have ever known going through so much.


I have been looking at our family pictures, missing the kids alot. I have this picture I am posting of the kids and Eric laughing when we were trying to have them be serious and take a picture of them kissing their Dad. I don't know I just love this picture, it reminds me of how close we are as a family, how much we love the kids, how much Eric makes us laugh...How I hope to have that back again someday!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Tammie....hang in there! Ya'll are fighting a good fight. He still looks great with no hair! Lucky! ;o) Cute idea about the horseshoe! I'll bet your son loved it and was proud. You are all in our prayers & thoughts constantly.

    love,
    Carman

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh by the way, Debi and I are coming up to see ya'll in the morning! So email me if there is anything we can bring you....I didn't get a chance to call you today.

    Carman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammie,
    You are thought of often in the Baybrook Ward. If there is anything that me or my family can do, please let me know. Debbie knows how to get ahold of me. Keep fighting, we are fighting right along with you...
    JoLynn Garrett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys!

    I LOVE THE NEW LOOK! It really does look great! I know how hard it is to get used to such a drastic change in your "look", but I also know how nice it is to not have to comb, gel, spray, etc., every day!

    The Clarks are sending lots of prayers heavenward! Keep up your positive thoughts. You are so blessed to have two wards that care about you and who will be fasting for Eric on Sunday! Doubt not; Fear not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammie, Jodie and I think of you and Eric everyday and we talk about how hard what you are going through each minute of the day while most people are going through a normal day to day life. Please know that many people have grown to love your family, and we have not forgotten what you and your kids are going through. We promise that as the days minutes hours and days tick by, you are not forgotten. When enough of those days have ticked by, you and Eric will be home with your kids soon. In the meantime, draw from our support as best you can. My kids felt having you in their home was like having family as close as aunts uncles and grandparents staying with us. Come here for a battery re-charge anytime you need one.

    Love Matt and the Clarksintexas!

    ReplyDelete