Monday, September 14, 2009

A few ok days...

Well sorry for the delay on updated the last few days....I flew home as a surprise to see my kids and be there for the fundraiser Saturday for Eric. The Clark's Jodie and Matt were so nice to stay each day with Eric so that I could go and see the kids. It made it so I did not have to worry as much for days (even though I called his nurse over 10 times everyday).

I was so glad and grateful to be home with the kids for a few days, recharge all of our batteries- a little emotional boost but I can not tell you how happy I was to walk in Eric's hospital and see him!! I missed him so much, he looks so much thinner! He said that he lost 14 pounds in one day of the fluids once they put him on the Lasek drug to help him get rid of all the fluids he was bloated with. Then the next day he lost another 5 pounds, so now from his start weight entering in the hospital and he has not been eating for 2 weeks, nausea,etc. he has lost 15 pounds! (I wish I could lose 15 pounds but not the way he is doing it!)

He had a few ok days, his fever has went away now and but still really weak and tired. He wouldn't really walk much while I was gone, to weak although he did get up a few times with Matt and Jodie (just not the 3 times a day like they want him to do) but that is ok we will work on it- he is doing good! I was happy to hear that today he has been more awake, last few days he slept pretty much all day but today is a pretty good day so far. His tests results have all came back negative for any additional infections however his p[pneumonia and fungus infection is still the same. Good though that it has not worsen but they want to see it getting better.

The doctors say that they are glad his fever has went away that is a good sign. He has developed pretty bad mouth sores and doesn't want to even swallow water to take his pills. They said they will increase morphine now for the pain so I guess he will probably start sleeping even more now like he was before I left. That is ok whatever he needs to do to get through this and not be in pain. I am so thankful to the Lord for allowing me to be his wife, for the blessing he continues to give us and the strength and comfort. It is not easy everyday and some days it's a constant roller coaster of emotions but today is a good day and I am just going to be thankful for that!

1 comment:

  1. Eric and Tammie,
    Just know Mike, Jenna and I are praying for your speedy recovery. We have every faith in Him and in the medical hands which the Lord has placed in your path. Keep the faith!! Glad you were able to come home and see the children. I know Grandma Barker is doing a great job while you are both in Houston!!

    Remember to call if you need us to do anything at all. We can be in Bountiful in a jiffy...Houston might take us a couple of days...but just let us know!!

    We love you guys and are proud of you!! Keep up your strength..both of you!

    Love,
    Vicki, Mike and Jenna

    ReplyDelete