Friday, September 11, 2009

Rough Night.....

Eric had a restless, rough night. The past 3 nights he not been able to sleep at all due to he can't breath very well so he sits up alot in the bed and up all night. Despite they have placed him on oxygen, he is still having alot of trouble breathing. He has ran a fever 101.3 for the last 10 hours, they are quite worried about it. They say it could be a sign of infection or tied to his infection we know in his lungs he already has, the fungus infection, and pneumonia.

The doctors are taking him down this morning before they meet for a chest x-ray/ cat scan to look at his lungs and determine if it has worsen or a new problem. Eric's nurses say the doctors were called about his fever and breathing twice last night and have grown increasingly concerned. I pray that Eric's fungus infection has not became worse or his pneumonia, or a new infection. These things are so critical and can cause alot of issues and problems.

I wish Eric could get some sleep and have his breathing and fever get better. He has still constant nausea and pain, they have him on a schedule getting the nausea meds and morphine. I am asking everyone although I am sure many of you already are to please continue to pray for Eric. Pray that the doctors will be guided and know what they need to do, that his infections and pneumonia/fever can get better, breathing get better, that he may get some peace and comfort and be able to finally be able to sleep after three nights of being up.

I know that is seems or some of you might have thought the worst is over due to that he had his transplant, but really that is just the beginning. That was the easy part- the next weeks and months are so critical to Eric's health and if his body can allow it to graft. Our journey although seems long has just really started. I know the Lord hears my prayers but I also know that it is thy will not mine. That is the part that is scary for me, I have faith but I also know that just because you have faith does not mean it goes how you want it to go. I pray that I may be strong and have positive reinforcement, for Eric and the kids. I am trying to "doubt not, fear not."

I just love Eric so much and can not imagine my life without him, he really is the glue to our family, he is so funny and happy usually all the time, so positive. I know he tells me he is better than he is because he doesn't want me to worry more, he is just that way not wanting anyone to worry about him. I love Eric so much, I wish I could make him better, I would take his cancer for him if I could. Please continue to pray for him!

5 comments:

  1. We are not just praying for him, we are praying for you all...
    JoLynn Garrett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let Eric know he is in our thoughts and prayers, along with you and the kids. If you need anything please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you and are continuing to pray for you. Thanks for keeping us up to date on how Eric is doing. Even though we are far from you, through your blog we feel connected.
    Love, Cindy and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Tammie. Sometimes one day at a time is too much and you just have to take one hour at a time.

    There are SO MANY motorcycles down at the park. The parking lot is just filled! It is so exciting. So many people love you - hold on to that and your faith.
    Love,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that it seems as if it is one step forward, two steps back, but our Heavenly Father is intimately involved in yours and Eric's life. He is walking with you through this and if you could see all the angels walking alongside you, I think it would amaze you. I know we have let you rest and catch your breath, but know we are only a phone call away!

    Debi

    ReplyDelete