Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day of prayer and fast


As I am fasting today along with everyone else I feel an overwhelming sense of peace and comfort. I know this is from the power of prayer and fast, the Lord working his tender mercies on us. Eric had a good night, they gave him extra anti nausea medicine (they mixed 3 together called ABH through his IV) at 5pm last night which did the trick, he has not thrown up yet since then. Nausea yes, won't eat but at least has not vomited.


He also was able to get through his chemo they started at 4am this morning and just ended today with no riggers/shaking/ chills. His fever went down with the additional antibiotics for a little to 100.3 but then spiked this morning again to 103.1 however that is a direct side effect from the chemo this morning they feel.


My thoughts today are many....hopes of strength and peace for Eric, prayers his pneumonia will get better, hopes Nausea will be controlled and rest for him to prepare for the bone marrow transplant Tuesday 9/8/09. Most of all though thoughts about this amazing donor to whom we do not know as of yet but owe so much to. What unconditional love, what an amazing thing he is doing as I have said before he is not just saving Eric's life...HE"S SAVING A FAMILY! I wonder what does he look like, is he married, has kids, what made him do such a act of kindness and love to donate his bone marrow. Did he have a personal experience, did he know someone who needed bone marrow, how did he decide to to this or go on the National Donor List? Does he know how much we love and appreciate him? I can not wait for the day when I can wrap my arms around him and tell him how much we love and appreciate him!


As we have preparing with Eric's chemo and sickness this week for the bone marrow transplant the donor has been preparing as well. Getting Neupogen shots in his stomach, small doses of chemo....how much I think of him as well and what he is going through for us! Donor you are an amazing person whom I will forever be grateful for!


It is bitter sweet this experience on one hand to be at your most utter darkness with despair, begging for help and mercy, sorrow and sadness but then on the other hand to have such a closeness unlike ever before with the Lord and the tender mercies we have encountered. The comfort and peace that he can bring to us, the ultimate sacrifice he paid for us, humbling yet hard all at the same time! I do not know if I could ever really describe it in words exactly how we are feeling I just know I am so thankful for the Lord and the church. I could not imagine bearing this alone without my Savior! My prayers lately have been much more different from the past- much more of life and death , more crying unto the Lord and pleading.


I think one scripture that I have alot in mind today is D&C 78:18 "I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." As well as John 14;18,17 " I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you...Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, Give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."


1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    Just wanted to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. We are following your blog, and look forward each day to the updates. We are glad to hear the Eric is doing a little better today. We love you very much, and hope to see you soon.
    Love, Gary and Cindy

    ReplyDelete