Friday, September 18, 2009

2nd Hardest Day Eric says...




I was able to get Eric up for a short 5 minutes walk which was good at least he got up, the nurse said she was proud of him cause her two other patients are doing alot better than Eric and they won't even come out of their rooms the past few days. She said Eric is in alot worse shape and the fact that he got up is great! I asked him on a level of 1 to 10 what was his pain today (they ask him that alot here to gage his pain) he told me a 7 or 8 today, He says that besides for the day and night he was in that extreme pain and up throwing up til 3am last week today is by far his 2nd worst day!

I am so proud of him he is doing good, I tell him that all the time. Sometimes he is to weak to talk to me and he will just shake his head "No, he's doesn't feel like he is doing good" but he is and I will just keep telling him that so he hears it over and over again. He is strong and he can do this! It is just like all the doctors told him when we first came down here with Eric's critical bloods levels he should be falling over and not able to function and he was working- they told us the last year they do not know how he was able to work and function at all! That should tell you how strong he is and what a fighter he is.
I have a picture for you of him walking today that I am posting, I also have a picture of our room/ new home for now. It is small but we make good use of it. As you can see I have a pull down murphy bed out of the wall that is right by Eric's bed, that is nice to be able to be a little close to him. I am grateful I can stay in here with him and they didn't kick me out, that is a blessing. I know Eric says today is his 2nd hardest day but I am so proud of him, he is doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment