Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Transplant tomorrow!

I just wanted to update everyone....so Eric's donors marrow will land in Texas and be transported to MD Anderson during the middle of the night tonight the doctors said. So in the morning at 9am Eric will have his bone marrow transplant! :) I can't wait I am nervous but also filled with excitement and wanting to just start this road so we can get onto the end of this journey and home to our kids!

The Infectious Disease and Eric's other doctors came in his room about an hour and half ago and said they received back his tests results and along with the pneumonia Eric does have a fungus infection on his lungs. Not good but they say this is common when you have your immune system wiped out and no infection fighting white cells to protect you, they have placed him on additional anti fungal medications IV and oral and hope to get a hold on it. They said it won't go away quickly over 2-3 weeks but they at least know what we are dealing with now.

As for today Eric had a good day! :) It has been so nice to see him peacefully sleeping (from the morphine drip) no vomiting, fever gone, no extreme stomach pain....It is the feeling you get when you bring home your newborn child and watch them sleep peacefully in their bed. I again am so grateful to his donor, what an act of love and kindness and I know someday we will get to express that to him! Until then I call him "DONOR" (sorry I wish I knew your name) but you will forever be a part of our hearts and we will never be able to express how much we love and appreciate you!!!

Well it is a big day tomorrow so I am going to try to get some sleep like Eric is....first though a prayer to Lord thanking him for all our many blessings, the tender mercies we have felt and for guiding us through this journey and most of all for the comfort and peace he brings us in our dark, hard moments of weakness. I have always had a strong habit of prayer but I have become so much more closer to our Savior and know I can not ever do anything without him and my testimony. If my children learn only one thing from all this trial, I hope it is to never turn from the Lord that he is ALWAYS, ALWAYS there for us and will carry us when we think we can't do it alone.

In a book I read called "Hard Time and Holy Places" by Kristin Warner Belcher she says; Quote: " Trials and difficulties can, if we let them, become holy places- places where we can feel the power of the Atonement in our lives. Our struggles can be consecrated to our good and growth, and you and I can become more like Christ." Goodnight......Chelsea and Austin Dad and Mom love you so much and are so proud of you! Look we have made it through 2 weeks......we are doing it! :)

4 comments:

  1. yay!! I'm so happy he's feeling and doing better than a couple days ago and he's able to get some sleep. I'm so excited for ya'll that today is transplant day! How cool is it gonna be to have 2 birthdays!! lucky! ;o) I will be thinking about ya'll all day! Please let us know if there is something I can do for you.

    love
    Carman

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you so much. You and your family are in all of our prayers. We're glad you're feeling better. - Same Day Surgery staff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you and hope everything goes well today!! You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you probably don't remember us. I am Dennis' oldest daughter. Dad told us about Eric after talking to Aunt Joleen this last weekend. I knew he was sick, but had no idea the extent. Your whole family is in our prayers. We hope everything went well today. Love and prayers. Jeff, Kim, & the family.

    ReplyDelete