Sunday, September 27, 2009

I Stand All Amazed....Very blessed

Eric continues to keep improving slowly more each day. His white cells went up again to 2.6!!! Wow- this is awesome (sometimes I get scared that things are moving up in a good direction- scared to enjoy the moment for fear it will change). Eric's throat seems to be getting better, not as much blood coughing or throwing up- that's good. His pneumonia and fungus infection on his lungs the doctors say showed a slight improvement, that was good to here.

The recent thing in the last 2 days they are concerned about is Eric's creatinine levels went up alot. That measures your kidneys and he has been the whole time in here bouncing from 0.5 to 1.0 which then want you lower than 1.0. All of the sudden the other day on the 23rd the first day he started to improve and graft his level jumped from 0.9 to 1.6, then yesterday went up again to 1.9 but stayed today at 1.9. They are concerned that with all this chemo and damage they have to do during the transplant it can damage your organs and they are concerned about if his kidneys were damaged. Add to that he has been thirsty more that last 2 days drinking water and now is bloating up and retaining it, not releasing it out of his body so his ankles and feet are incredibily huge and swollen. They do not want to have to put him back on the Lasek drip cause of the worry on his creatinine levels already and possible damage to his kidneys so it's again a fine line they are watching it closely and will see what steps next to take.

The doctors should be in her anytime now and we will know more about that issue. Other than that though Eric really is doing better in the last few days. If you would have told me a few days ago that he would be to this point I would have never believed it. He is strong, alot of will power and strength, I think the kids are alot of his motivation. Last night Eric could not stop talking to me about how blessed he feels he is and we are! He said do you realize how much the Lord has done for me and us? He just started naming all the blessings we have and have been blessed with recently and said I have such a strong testimony of our Savior. He told me he wants to sit down with the kids and talk to them and make sure they realize how blessed we have been and how thankful we should be.

He said he has felt the Lord on many occasions through this carrying him through this and comforting him and he has never felt it so strong before as he does now, he started crying and thanking me for all I have done ( I have not done anything that he wouldn't have done for me) and for being his wife and eternal companion. It neat to see, Eric has always lived his life with goodness, happiness and appreciation and the gift it is to all of us but coming so close to death and suffering the way he has, having the darkest moments and knowing and feeling the Lord carry you and get you through it, it makes you appreciate everything so much more. It was funny the whole rest of the night he would keep reminding me "See that is another blessing" or "That was thanks to the Lord" He is right, again I know we are far from over with this journey and not out of the woods but we are blessed, very blessed. I thank the Lord myself for not only all of the blessings but for the chance as weird as it is to have this trial that has taught us to be humble and reminded us what matters in life. I do not wish this on anyone nor do I really want to be doing it but we are and I am grateful for the Lord and the gospel and the power and peace, comfort it brings us if we let it in.

It is like what I read in a book recently. "Visualize the Savior holding you in His arms." "Listen to his words of love." That is exactly what I think of when Eric said he knows the Savior has been holding him and carrying him through this. What an awesome feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment