Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Watching and monitoring...


The doctors have ran tests, x-rays, ultra sounds on his kidneys and all have came back negative for any damage or problems at this point-that is good! His fever still was there up until this afternoon he ran 101.8 fever through the night and now he is down to 100.2 which is better. They placed him on antibiotics to prevent any further damage or control the infection if he has an new one but the rest of the lab cultures and results are not back yet so we still do not know about why the fever then and if he has a new infection or not, or is this the same fungus infection or pneumonia we already knew he has but was getting slightly better? Alot of sit and wait for the results. Right now the GVHD Graft vs. Host has not spread beyond Eric's palms of his hands so they are monitoring and waiting.


Mean while Eric was bummed cause with this new fever and not feeling very well as well as the GVHD Graft Vs Host on his hands they will not let him even go anywhere or off the floor with the kids. I feel bad about that he worked so hard to try to get better for the kids and now this fever and graft vs host on his hands. It's okay though cause at least he got to see the kids and they are here and that is all that matters!!


I can not begin to describe in words how awesome it was to see the kids and Eric reunite after not seeing each other since August. They both ran into his arms and all three of them just sat there hugging each other for 10 minutes holding tight and crying! We were all crying so hard- it was the sweetest and coolest moment! I am posting a picture of them as they were hugging and crying it was so cool! I can not tell you how much it meant to them to all see each other! I think that was a big payoff for me as a mom and wife and one of the most special moments in life that I will NEVER forget! I want to say a few important THANK YOU'S to a few people knowing that there really are so many people to thank for so many things and I hope EVERYONE KNOWS HOW THANKFUL WE ARE FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR US!!!!


First Troy and David Giles from back home- AWESOME NEIGHBORS!! Not only have they helped and did our yard all the past few years while Eric's health was starting to decline but then they sealed our drive way for us last week for the winter. It needed to be done and was one of those projects that Eric couldn't do and Austin and I was suppose to do but ran out of time between all the hospitals and leaving for Eric's transplant- it would not have made it through the winter and we are SOOO GRATEFUL, THANKS GILE'S ! Then The Clark Family here in Texas- wow I can not begin to mention everything they have done but want them to know how much we love them and think of them as family- YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! The ladies in the Baybrook Ward who have not just been helpful- they have done so much for our family- letters, cleaning the apartment, lunch, emails and words of encouragement- love and support, you guys are amazing and I look up to all of you!!


Dawn Davis- and all the ladies that helped fly my children here to see their Dad!! I do not how many of you were involved but I know there was alot of you, for that I am eternally grateful!! As a mother I am sure you all know the feeling when you have missed your children so much, so much it hurts and the feeling you get when you get to see them again! AMAZING!!! ;) Paul and Debi Clements - who not only have always been good friends of ours and supported us but knew that Eric and Austin have this tradition that they fly some where for a Dad and Son trip to a NFL football game (usually following the COLTS - that is our FAMILY'S TEAM) but the last two years they have not been able to do that due to Eric's health. The Clements knew this and bought both the kids a ticket to the NFL Texans vs. Colts here in Houston,TX at Reliant Stadium on Thanksgiving weekend when they will be down here to visit. Eric won't be able to go but we know that next year he will be back in the stands with us and hopefully the Clements as well ( Paul I think we have you hooked now for the NFL games and trip tradition-huh?) Thank you!!

EVERYONE for so much more I can not mention it all!!! We love and appreciate all of you and can't wait to pay it forward!


Val Verda 1st Ward- OUR HOME WARD-WOW!!!!!!!! They sent the kids down with two big envelopes filled with beautiful pictures from all the primary kids and notes to wish Eric well!! The whole ward, youth, relief society, elder quorum, everyone sent letters and notes of encouragement. I can not tell you what that meant to us!!! To Eric whom there are so many I have not been able to read/ show them all yet to! Austin and I sat up until 1am this morning, reading all those cards, laughing and loving all your words of love and support and those CUTE PRIMARY PICTURES FROM ALL THE VAL VERDA 1ST WARD PRIMARY KIDS!! WE LOVED IT!!!! :) YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! The primary also sent down a tape of them singing their beautiful songs, thank you!


We feel all of your love and support and we want you to know that it is truly humbling to be on the other side, we usually are the givers and so willing to help others. It is very hard and one that has been I think one of our little lesson in all this is ACCEPTING HELP! You always want to be strong and do things for others not be the one getting help but I know that has been one of the Lord's lesson in this trial for us to learn. I have had many people tell me that we need to just accept the help otherwise we are taking away blessings from the ones who want to help us. I am trying to remember that! As any of you who know me and know me well, if someone does something I want to do something right back for them. They bring dinner, I take back the plates, thank note and a plate of treats as well! I feel better when I do something back for someone who has done something for us! It's hard being here and not able to "PAY IT BACK" I am so behind on thank you notes, I owe so much!!! I hope we will get the chance to do all the nice and wonderful things that have been done for us someday!

4 comments:

  1. I must say that has to be one of the most amazing pictures someone has ever taken. It is such a touching and emotional one. What a true reminder about what is important in life. I can not begin to understand how all of you must feel. How amazing it must of been to watch, see, and take in such a moment like that. You just see the love in all their eyes as they all held each other. I am so glad Eric, you and the kids were able to see each other. I think it is what all of you needed at this point in your life. I'm so glad so many people have been able to reach out and love and support you and your family. It is always nice to know someone cares, loves, and prays for you. Keep on fighting, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and praying for your family's peace, comfort and strength. With Love, Alyssa Lovell Hanzon (Eric's cousin in FL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All our prayers continue to be with you and your family. Thanks for letting us be a part of your lives. It is a blessing to our ward to serve you. Soon you will be able to serve others. That is the neat thing about the gospel. We never try and "repay" someone, we just work at serving each other. I am glad we met in this life as well. You have both touched my life and reminded me to be grateful for quite a lot...

    Debi Carico
    Baybrook Ward

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture brought tears to my eyes. I can only imagine what those three felt like hugging each other after so long. I'm sure it lasted the whole day. I'm glad Eric and the kids were able to see each other. We continue to pray for you all. We just wish we could do more to help out. If you need anything have Eric get a hold of pass it on through the AP&P staff to Tim and we would be glad to help out with anything we can.

    ReplyDelete