Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Update....

Sorry I have not updated for a few days, it has been busy. Eric has been back and forth in the hospital, his hospice nurse comes in daily. We have heard that they have 3 bone marrow donor matches for Eric and two out of the three came in last week to get their physical clearance to be his donor.

Exciting I hope we get a call soon this week letting us know his exact transplant date, it should be anytime within the next two weeks we would leave to Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center. Eric has been eating a little better but not much he really likes Popsicles and ensure drinks that is pretty much it for him. It helps with his mouth sores and his throat.

He is pretty weak, sleeps alot but we are glad to have him home for a little bit before we have to leave to Texas. The kids really enjoy their Dad home and are so much more happier than the weeks before, I hope they will do OK when we leave to Texas they seemed to have had a really hard time when we were gone to St. Marks for that week, that was at least in state.

The Lord continues to bless us with simple little miracles or doors open when a problem rises, I know he hears our prayers and is aware of Eric's pain and helps us get through this. I do not know what I would do without my relationship and belief in the Lord I am not sure how anyone can manage without the knowledge and blessings it brings us.

It is not always easy but I definately know I am not alone, none of us are. I am thankful for everyday, every minute, every second I get to be with Eric and my children. They are my life and bring me such joy and happiness. I am so lucky to have them!

It's a little hard and different this week becasue usually we would be preparing for the 24th Bountiful parade to see our daughter in it- she is a Woods Cross High School Cheerleader followed by fun activities going with family to the fireworks and then packing and preparing for Bear Lake a family tradition but unfortunately this year we won't be able to do all that. It's home bound for us but at least our kids get to go still with the family it just won't be the same...But hey here is to hope and looking forward to next year, that we will be able to have Eric cured , healthly and back doing all our fun family traditions and memories....

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the updates, please keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday (yesterday). Thinking about you a lot & keeping my distance - for health's sake :)

    ReplyDelete