Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 5 of Chemo.....

Well today is Day 5 of chemo and Eric had a better night some what. He was able to get some sleep despite not wanting to lay down scared of his heart rate dropping even lower. They put him on oxygen through the night and also gave him a sleeping pill Ambien so he could get some sleep.

They still have him hooked up and are monitoring his heart rate constantly, he has still been running in the 40's on his heart rate and his blood pressure is still very high 153/ 103 however this morning he was showing a 73 once on his heart rate and 118/88 on his blood pressure right before his morning shower.

Quickly though he is back down to the 40's....We just had the cardiologist come in she told us we have a problem that Eric's echo came back showing that he possibly has a infection/ damage to his heart valve and heart. They are concerned and are taking him down within the hour for a TEE Test Trans Esophageal Echo, a scope down his throat to get a closer look at his heart and heart valves....We will keep everyone posted.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh Eric and Tammie how my heart goes out to you both...and those beautiful children of yours. It has been one thing after another sense you got into the HOspital. I am so sorry for the added worry that each day has brought and the pain you must feel from the fear of all the unknowns. It was so good to see you guys last night. Yet in the very moment that I was so glad to be there, and give you both a hug of love, I felt the realness of all of this. NOt that I don't feel it everyday that I talk to you and think about you. It's just somehow being there and seeing your face made me cry. I wish with all my heart for this to go away. For peace to enter your life, and give you more time with Eric, with eachother. I love you all so much, and am here for you in any way I can be. Please know that we are praying for you daily. May God bless you all with a miracle. Love the Skinners

    ReplyDelete