Wednesday, July 8, 2009

1St Day Chemo...


Our story will come soon I promise. I just haven't gotten around to getting it posted.I have a Biography for everyone to read. Just so you can get to know Eric and us a little better. For those of you that know us, you know all to well the hard road we've faced. This cancer has been apart of us for the last six years. This blog is really for all of us. For my husband and his bravery. For me, and my hope. For our kids who will live without us at home for awhile...we love you, and miss you tons. For all those who know, love, and care for Eric, this is your chance to walk beside us as we begin our fight.

Today is 7/8/09 and Eric's second day in the hospital. First day started out with Eric needing 2 platelet transfusions and 2 red cell blood transfusions because he is so low on his blood counts, they also wanted to do surgery to place a pic line in him for his chemo he will leave in now all the time. For surgery they usually want your platelets at least 15 however Eric was 9 so they needed these transfusions in order to do the surgery and prevent him from bleeding internally. First hurdle down ....or so we thought.

Today they started the chemo and within 30 minutes Eric started having side effects vomiting, nausea, the chills or as they call them RIGGERS....wow here we go, right? Grabbing the throw up bucket, chills,and the nurses giving Eric as fast as they can demerol a drug to calm him down and stop the chills. I look over at him and I am in awe of his bravery, what a wonderful person he is and a strong fighter. Prayers, prayers is what we need and the sweet peace of a moments rest for Eric so he can close his eyes and forget the pain for a few moments.

Eric will get through this, we all will get through this. The Lord will give him strength with every step... the hope and will is there we just need to hold on.......Hang on Eric everything will be okay!



A smile for you all...I mean come on would Eric give you anything else!

7 comments:

  1. I love you Daddy!! And I miss you and mom! Hang in there and I will see you soon! :) stay strong!
    Love, Chels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know how much I love you all. I am praying for each of you by name. Eric is a fighter, and he can do it! I know it will be hard on him and really all of you. Stay close to the lord and trust in him, he will not leave you. Even when it seems to hard to bare he is there. I can't wait to see you on sunday and give you both a big hug. I am here for you and your kids. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric and Tammie
    We hope all is going well for you , sorry about your hard first day . I can't imagine what you're going through. Eric, my family sends our best wishes and prayers and love for you and Tammie and the kids. We are here for you and love you guys. Hang in there and keep smiling, Love Tyelr , Annie , Kason , Brooklyn and Beckham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eric and Tammy,
    Thanks for beginning this blogspot. It will help keep us updated on Eric's progress. We love you and pray for you each day. Be strong!
    Love,
    Cindy, Gary, Zach, Wes, and Sadey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got tears in my eyes when I saw Eric lying in the hospital bed. Even throug a hard rough day Eric still gives the camera a smile. That is why Eric you are loved by so many. Never even on your hard days do you let it show that what you are going threw is not fun. I pray for you and your family daily. When the days are rough hold on to how much you are loved. Keep up the good spirit and we will come visit soon. Love always the Phelps family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eric and Tammie-
    Which is worse Chemo or "remember when"! ha ha... Just thougth I would try to make you laugh. I know how sick you feel right now, and I am so sorry for all the pain you and your family have had to feel from all this. I love you so much and wish I could take it all away. Sometimes moms can't fix everything. Thats when it's the hardest of all. I just have to leave it up to the big guy and knows he hears our prays. He loves you Eric and Tammie, and so do I. I am here for you night or day.You can do this. You can do anything. And rememeber just because your sitting in a hospital bed doesn't mean will stop "remembering when". Infact all come see you sunday and we can all do it together! Love you both so much. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...you don't know me, but your story is very real to me as I am a 3 year survivor from breast cancer. Chemo really, really SUCKS!!!!
    Hang in there and God Be With You and your family.
    Leeann

    ReplyDelete