Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas!

This week we are celebrating the Savior's birth and I have so many reflections and blessings that I am so thankful for. I am so grateful to Eric's donor whom I think of daily, how much love and gratitude we have in our hearts for the Miracle of saving Eric's life by becoming his donor.

We are so blessed to be here at this point of our " Journey of Hope" Eric responding and doing well the doctors tell us they are very pleased with his progress. He went to the doctor the other day and his white cell count is 3.6 , red cells counts 4.41 with his platelets at 109. He is doing well, energy is getting better and loving working and being back to normal life.

Last year it was such a different Christmas for us. We had just brought Eric home and he was not doing to well, the nurses were coming in daily to take care of him and he was pretty weak. What a difference a year can make. We are so grateful to the Lord for allowing Eric more time with us as a family, for blessing us with his donor, for allowing hid body strength to continue fighting despite what the doctors were telling us and the test results were saying. We know we have had many blessings to be so thankful for.

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and take the time as you are spending the Holidays with your family and loved ones to reflect on the Savior and his birth and all he has done for all of us. I posted this beautiful video about the Savior last Christmas on my blog and I love this so much I shared it with the Young Women in our Ward this past Sunday. I think it is an amazing reminder of the Savior's birth and us allowing him in our lives. I am posting it again and hope that you all enjoy it- it is one of our family's favorites! Merry Christmas and I hope we all have room for the Savior in our lives! I hope we all remember " Each of us is an innkeeper who decides if there is room for Jesus." - Neal A. Maxwell

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tammie - Just wanted to say thanks for reminding me about the relativity of time - it is strange how quickly things change and how easy it is to forget from year to year just how much change occurs. I think it is hard for Travis and I to acknowledge Eric is still not completely "out of the woods" so to speak. We just want to believe all is well and "schwew - close one, but cool - let's move on." We love all of you and are glad you continue to share your experiences. I can't wait for Eric to meet his donor - what a special esxperience that will be for both of them. HB

    ReplyDelete