Sunday, November 14, 2010

18 Years- Happy Anniversary!

Today is our Wedding Anniversary, we have been married for 18 years! It has been the best 18 years of my life! I am so grateful for Eric's donor who saved his life and made it possible to be able to be celebrating another amazing year with my eternal companion. I look at Eric everyday and smile with such happiness that he brings me. I remember last year we were back in Texas Eric not feeling well for our Anniversary and Eric telling me that he would make it up to me next year.

Eric you have already made it up to me just by being here by my side and doing better. These past few months have been one of reflection, memories some good and some bad of reliving each day and moment of where we were this time last year but mostly of being able to be thankful and recognize all the blessings the Lord has given us. Eric is doing so well and I am so thankful for our miracles and tender mercies the Lord blessed us with.

I remember a few times when Eric thought he would not possibly make it he had told me that he loves me so much and that even if he is gone that he really will not be cause he will be mine and the kids guardian angel watching over us and protecting us. He wanted to make sure I knew that so many times he would make sure to remind me of that. Oh how thankful I am that the Lord blessed Eric with more time and that at least for now Eric has been blessed to be still here with us.

Eric still has not been able to read the blog he says it is to hard for him but I am sure maybe some day he will in time when he is ready. Eric I am so happy to be married to you and your eternal companion. I love you so much I don't think in words I could ever express how much you mean to me. What peace and comfort I feel knowing that we are the eternal companions and that we will always be together forever. I am so thankful to your donor who saved your life and gave me the amazing miracle and gift of more time with you. You are my world, I wake up everyday happy and knowing that I am so blessed to have you!

Eric you are an amazing Dad whom the kids love to be with. The smile on their faces and the laughter they have when you guys are together is a BIG GIFT to me as I love watching all of you spend time together and making these amazing memories that we will continue to cherish forever! I know you know this but both the kids are so thankful for you and happy to have you healthier and home again! You are so funny, your sense of humor is never gone and you keep me on my toes with all of your funny comments and little "pranks" you do. I had missed that so much during those hard 5- 10 months you were really battling your bone marrow transplant. What a MIRACLE you are Eric and I love you so much! Happy 18 Years Wedding Anniversary! I know we will have many more, thanks to your amazing donor.

1 comment: